In 1993, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 326 research grant applications from 31 countries. After a careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality, and feasibility, the foundation selected 22 of the applications and awarded them a total of 150,000,000 yen. The grantees for the fiscal years of 1993 & 1994 are (in alphabetical order):
- Bremer, Eric G.; Chicago Inst. for Neurosurgery & Neuroresearch, USA; "Ganglioside GM3 inhibition of the EGF receptor"
- Crocker, Paul R.; University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK; "Molecular characterization of sialoadhesins and their carbohydrate ligands" *
- Eichinger, Daniel J.; New York University Medical Ctr., USA; "Structure/function study of trypanosome trans-sialidase"
- Endo, Masahiko; Hirosaki University, Japan; "Glycotechnological studies on the elongation of glycosaminoglycan chains"
- Falck, John Russell; Univ. Texas Southwestern Medical Ctr. at Dallas, USA; "Synthesis of inositol phosphates, glycosides, and phospholipids"
- Freeze, Hudson H.; La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, USA; "Mapping glycosyl transferases in the functional Golgi"
- Fukuda, Minoru; La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, USA; "Molecular identification of L-selectin ligands"
- Furukawa, Koichi; Nagasaki University, Japan; "Regulatory mechanism of the GM2/GD2 synthase gene expression"
- Galili, Uri; The Medical College of Pennsylvania, USA; "Reactive sites and regulation of primate alpha 1,3 galactosyltransferase"
- Gross, Kenneth C.; USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, MD, USA; "Biological activity of unconjugated N-glycans in ripening tomato fruit"
- Inoue, Yasuo; University of Tokyo, Japan; Commonality and function of N-glycanase-catalyzed de-N-glycosylation of glycoproteins"
- Ito, Makoto; Kyushu University, Japan; "Homeostatic regulation of cell-surface glycosphingolipids"
- Joziasse, David H.; Vrije Univ., The Netherlands; "Fucosyltransferases: Three-dimensional structure and substrate specificity"
- Kelm, Soerge; Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Germany; "Molecular characterisation of sialoadhesins and their carbohydrate ligands" *
- Kornfeld, Stuart A.; Washington University School of Medicine, USA; "Phosphotransferase recognition domain on the lysosomal hydrolase cathepsin H"
- Kreibich, Gert; New York University Medical Ctr., USA; "Function and structural organization of the subunits of the oligosaccharyl transferase"
- Lindahl, Ulf; Uppsala University, Sweden; "Enzymes with dual catalytic activities in the biosynthesis of heparin/heparan sulfate"
- Linhardt, Robert J.; University of Iowa, USA; "Chemo-enzymatic synthesis of heparin and oligosaccharides from chiral synthons"
- Marcus, Donald M.; Baylor College of Medicine, USA; "Antibodies against gangliosides in motor neuron diseases"
- Nyholm, Per-Georg; University of Gšteborg, Sweden; "Conformation and recognition of carbohydrates at the cell surface"
- Olwin, Bradley Bruce; Purdue University, USA; "Role of FGF receptor heparan sulfate binding domain in FGF signaling"
- Suzuki, Yasuo; University of Shizuoka, Japan; "Sialyl-sugar chain recognition by influenza viruses during their evolution"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)