In 1994, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 231 research grant applications from 31 countries. After a careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation selected 21 applications and awarded them a total of 100,000,000 yen. The grantees for the fiscal year of 1995 are (in alphabetical order):
- Basu, Manju; University of Notre Dame, USA; "Studies on sialyl-Lewis x glycolipid in human neuroblastoma and colon carcinoma"
- Bergstršm, Tomas B.; University of Gšteborg, Sweden; "Hydrophobic interactions in binding of herpes simplex virus glycoprotein C to the heparan sulfate receptor"
- Chatterjee, Subroto B.; Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, USA; "Effects of D-PDMP on galactosyltransferase (GalT-2) and cell proliferation"
- Dennis, James W.; Mount Sinai Hospital, Canada; "GlcNAc-transferase V in cancer and development"
- Drake, Richard R.; University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, USA; "Biosynthesis of heparan sulfate in human myeloma cells"
- Esko, Jeffrey D.; University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; "Glycoside modulation of glycosaminoglycan biosynthesis" **
- Feizi, Ten; MRC Glycosciences Laboratory, UK; "Sequences of the endogenous oligosaccharide ligands for rat L-selectin"
- Fernig, David G.; University of Liverpool, UK; "Mapping changes in heparan sulphate during mammary gland development"
- Hart, Gerald W.; University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; "Alzheimer's disease and cytoplasmic glycosylation" **
- Helenius, Ari; Yale University School of Medicine, USA; "Are lectins involved in glycoprotein folding?"
- Kitajima, Ken; University of Tokyo, Japan; "Function of N-glycanase-catalyzed de-N-glycosylation of glycoproteins"
- Laine, Roger A.; Louisiana State University & A & M College, USA; "Tandem mass spectrometry of synthetic isomeric oligosaccharides"
- Ledeen, Robert W.; New Jersey Medical School, USA; "Ganglioside as modulator of the excitatory opioid receptor"
- Ley, Klaus F.; University of Virginia, USA; "Glycoprotein ligands for L-selectin expressed in microvascular endothelium"
- Li, Yu-Teh; Tulane University, School of Medicine, USA; "Studies of a KDN-cleaving enzyme"
- Meldal, Morten; Carlsberg Laboratory, Denmark; "Glycopeptide libraries for the identification of high affinity glycopeptide ligands for carbohydrate binding proteins"
- Oriol, Rafael; "Characterization of defective adult and embryonic fucosyltransferase genes"
- Pizzo, Salvatore V.; Duke University Medical Center, USA; "The role of plasminogen carbohydrate in regulating fibrinolysis"
- Reynolds, Colin D.; Liverpool John Moores University, UK; "Biophysical and inhibition studies on lectins"
- Wieser, Raimund J.; University of Mainz, Germany; "Structural and functional characterization of the contactinhibin N-glycans"
- Yamashita, Katsuko; Sasaki Institute, Japan; "Biochemical studies of carbohydrate-deficient glycoprotein syndrome"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)