In 1995, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 201 research grant applications from 21 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved seventeen projects and awarded a total of 100,000,000 yen to them plus two projects that had been approved for two years in the previous year. The grantees for the 1996 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Carson, Daniel D.; University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, USA; "Structure-function studies of a novel heparin/heparan sulfate-binding protein"
- Davis, Jeffery T.; University of Maryland at College Park, USA; "Studies related to oligosaccharyltransferases"
- Esko, Jeffrey D.; University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; "Glycoside modulation of glycosaminoglycan biosynthesis" *
- Fukuda, Michiko N.; The Burnham Institute, La Jolla Cancer Research Center, USA; "Molecular analysis of HEMPAS disease"
- Halcomb, Randall L.; University of Colorado at Boulder, USA; "Conformationally constrained glycopeptides, tools to study protein glycosylation"
- Hart, Gerald W.; University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; "Alzheimer's disease and cytoplasmic glycosylation" *
- Hindsgaul, Ole; The Burnham Institute, La Jolla Cancer Research Center, USA; "Novel sialylated/sulfated oligosaccharide conjugates as tools for the study of selectins"
- Ichikawa, Yoshitaka; The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA; "New inhibitor for glycozymes"
- Jungalwala, Firoze B.; Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center for Mental Retardation, Inc., USA; "Lectins of the sulfoglucuronyl glycoconjugates in neural cell interactions"
- Mourao, Paulo A.S.; Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; "Sulfated polysaccharides from invertebrates reveal unique structures and new potential as bioactive polymers"
- Noda, Masaharu; National Institute for Basic Biology, Japan; "Physiological roles of 6B4 proteoglycan and protein-tyrosine phosphatase zeta in the brain development"
- Ohashi, Mamoru; The University of Electro-Communications, Japan; "Tandem mass spectrometric studies on the structures of glycosaminoglycans"
- Schachter, Harry; Hospital for Sick Children, Canada; "Role of complex N-glycans in the development of Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Schauer, Roland; Christian-Albrechts-UniversitŠt zu Kiel, Germany; "O-acetylation of sialic acids in bovine submandibular gland"
- Schwartz, Nancy B.; The University of Chicago, USA; "Regulation of sulfate activation, translocation and transfer" **
- Shaper, Joel H.; Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, USA; "Regulation of expression of glycosyltransferases in mouse male germ cells"
- Spiegel, Sarah; Georgetown University, USA; "Cell growth regulation"
- Vliegenthart, Johannes F.G.; Utrecht University, The Netherlands; "A NMR-spectroscopic database of complex carbohydrate structures on the Internet"
- Wang, John L.; Michigan State University, USA; "Carbohydrate recognition in pre-mRNA splicing"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)