In 1997, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 117 research grant applications from 23 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 13 projects and awarded a total of 70,000,000 yen to them. The grantees for the 1998 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Campbell, Kevin P.; The University of Iowa College of Medicine, HHMI, USA; "Carbohydrate moieties of alpha-dystroglycan, its link with extracellular matrix"
- Gatt, Shimon; Hebrew University, Israel; "Fluorescence-based studies of glycosphingolipid storage diseases"
- Hoshi, Motonori; Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan; "Egg-coat saccharide chains serving as physiological signals for sperm"
- Liptak Andras; L. Kossuth University, Debrecen, Hungary; "Totally synthetic saccharide-protein conjugate vaccines against Shigella infections"
- Marco-Contelles, Jos via; "samarium diiodide carbocyclization of 1,6-carbonyl oxime ethers derived from sugars"
- Pagano, Richard E.; Mayo Foundation, USA; "Synthesis & characterization of novel glycosphingolipids for cell biology"
- Raetz, Christian R.H.; Duke University Medical Center, USA; "Synthesis and biological activity of endotoxin photoaffinity probes"
- Rapraeger, Alan C.; University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA; "Mapping of bioactive heparan sulfates in development"
- Sandrin, Mauro S.; Austin Research Institute, Australia; "Molecular analysis of Golgi localization signals of glycosyltransferases"
- Schachner, Melitta; Institut fŸr Biosynthese Neuraler Strukturen, Germany; "Functions of oligomannosides in neural recognition molecule-dependent cell interactions"
- Woods, Robert J.; The University of Georgia, USA; "Carbohydrate mimics complexed with their protein receptors"
- Yamaguchi, Yu; The Burnham Institute, USA; "Transgenic studies on the role of hyaluronan in brain function"
- Yanagishita, Masaki; Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan; "Regulation of heparan sulfate proteoglycan metabolism by heparanase"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)