In 1999, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 90 research grant applications from 25 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 14 projects and awarded a total of 70,000,000yen to them. The grantees for the 2000 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Bertozzi, Carolyn R.; University of California,USA; "Metabolic oligosaccharide engineering for cell surface modification"
- Breen, Kieran C.; University of Dundee,UK; "The role of second messengers in the control of sialyltransferase activity"
- Davis, Benjamin G.; University of Durham,UK; "Site-selective glycosylation for the investigation of protein-glycan conjugates"
- Furukawa, Keiko; Nagoya University School of Medicine,Japan; "How can gangliosides prevent the neuronal death and promote itsregeneration?"
- Heath, Andrew W.; University of Sheffield Medical School,UK;"Conjugates of CD40 antibodies and Bacterial Polysaccharides"
- Hirabayashi, Jun; Teikyo University,Japan; "The first step to the C.elegans glycopeptide glycome project"
- Hirschberg, Carlos B.; Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine,USA; "The golgi GDP-fucose transport and leukocyte adhesion deficiency II syndrome"
- Key, Brian; University of Queensland, Australia; "Role of novel N-CAM glycoforms in axon guidance"
- Oohira, Atsuhiko; Aichi Human Service Center,Japan,; Role of NGC, a neuronal part-time proteoglycan, in the cerebellar development"
- Orlando, Ron; The University of Georgia,USA; "Mass spectrometric studies on the mechanism of pectin degrading enzymes"
- Perrimon, Norbert; Harvard Medical School,USA; "Role of heparan sulfate proteoglycans in Wnt signaling"
- Stevens, Richard L.; Brigham and Women's Hospital,USA; "Serglycin proteoglycans in inflammation"
- Vlodavsky, Israel; Hadassah Universily Hospital,Israel; "Heparanase: Potential target for detection and treatment of cancer metastasis"
- Young, William W., Jr.; University of Louisville,USA; "Structure and function of GM2 synthase"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)