In 2001, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 97 research grant applications from 24 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 14 projects and awarded a total of 70,000,000 yen to them. The grantees for the 2002 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Baker, Nicholas E.; Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA; "Regulatory glycosylation of Notch, a receptor for neural development"
- Brockhausen, Inka; Queen's University, Canada; "Role of glycosylation in Fas-mediated apoptosis"
- Fraser-Reid, Bertram O.; North Carolina State University, USA; "The glycoscience of GPIs-especially those of P. falciparum (Malaria) pathogen"
- Haltiwanger, Robert S.; State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA; "Analysis of O-fucose glycosylation sites on proteins"
- Hennet, Thierry; University of Zürich, Switzerland; "Mechanisms of cellular adaptation in congenital disorders of glycosylation"
- Kato, Koichi; Nagoya City University, Japan; "NMR approaches to the elucidation of biological functions of glycoproteins"
- Menon, Anant K.; University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA; "Localization of GPI biosynthetic enzymes to an endoplasmic reticulum domain"
- Moody, D. Branch; Harvard Medical School, USA; "Structure and function of glycolipid antigens presented by CD1"
- Ploegh, Hidde L.; Harvard Medical School, USA; "The role of peptide N-glycanase in glycoprotein quality control and turn over"
- Sonnino, Sandro; University of Milan, Italy; "Glycosignaling domains in the physiology and pathophysiology of neuronal cells"
- Spear, Patricia G.; Northwestern University, USA; "Binding of herpes simplex virus gD to heparan sulfate for viral entry into cells"
- Suzuki, Tadashi; University of Tokyo, Japan; "Structure and function of cytoplasmic endo-b-N- acetylglucosaminidase (ENGase)"
- Theoharides, Theoharis C.; Tufts University School of Medicine, USA; " Regulation of mast cell activation by chondroitin sulfate"
- Trybala, Edward; Göteborg University, Sweden; "Cell surface heparan sulfate and specific tropism of herpes simplex viruses"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)