In 2004, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 118 research grant applications from 21 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 15 projects and determined to award a total of 70,000,000 yen to them. The grantees for the 2005 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Basu, Amit; Brown University, USA; "Glycodendrimers for probing for carbohydrate - carbohydrate interaction mediated signaling"
- Bellis, Susan L; University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; "Variant sialylation of α4β1 integrins regulates monocyte adhesion to VCAM-1"
- Chen, Xi; University of California, Davis, USA; "Pathogenic microbial sialidases and their carbohydrate ligands
- Herscovics, Annette A; McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Canada; "Membrane glycoproteins involved in lung development"
- Imberty, Anne; CERMAV-CNRS, France; "Lectins, adhesins and flagellins of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in sugar binding"
- Jakeman, David L.; College of Pharmacy, Dalhousie University, Canada; "Engineering enzyme substrate specificity: directed evolution of glycosynthases"
- Lennarz, William J.; State University of New York, USA; "Functional aspects of Stt3p, a subunit of the oligosaccharyl transferase enzyme"
- Maeda, Yusuke.; Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Japan; "Mechanism of glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor remodeling in mammalian cells"
- Rabinovich, Gabriel.; Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Hospital de Clinicas "Jose de San Martin", Argentina; "Impact of differential glycosylation in the regulation of tumor-immune escape"
- Salmivirta, Markku T.; Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Finland; "Expression and function of specialized saccharide epitopes in heparan sulfate"
- Sato, Sachiko; Research Centre for Infectious Disease, CHUL Research Center, Canada; "Galectins-lectinocytokines that act as molecules of danger signal for immune response"
- Slevin, Mark A.; Manchester Metropolitan University, UK; "Hyaluronan-induced signaling pathways in tumour-derived endothelium"
- Somlo, Stefan; Yale University School of Medicine, USA; "The role of N-glycosylation in human polycystic disease"
- Ueda, Minoru; Dept. of Chemistry,Tohoku University, Japan; "Bioactive polysaccharide concerning the memory in a carnivorous plant, Dionaea muscipula Ellis"
- Yamaguchi, Yu; The Burnham Institute, USA; "Role of heparan sulfate in glutamatergic synapses"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)